Many Office 365 users have a common query nowadays i.e. how to save Outlook 365 webmail to desktop / computer hard drive. In current scenario, where cybercrimes are increasing day by day, many users lose access to their mailbox data. So, to be on a safer side, users are downloading their OWA emails to systems.
However, due to lack of reliable and secure solutions, they are unable to download their data. But now the users don’t have to worry about how to save Outlook webmail emails to computer in a hassle-free way. This article will guide all those users to download their emails and other mailbox items in an efficient way without any data loss.
Methods to Save Outlook 365 Webmail to Desktop / Computer
The following section of this article explains two different procedures using which users can download their Online Outlook emails on local system.
Procedure 1: Save Outlook Webmail to Hard Drive in a Quick Way
This process involves the use of third-party application which is developed using advanced algorithms to download emails from Outlook Webmail. The software named as Office 365 to PST Export Tool allows users to save emails and other mailbox items from multiple accounts into PST, EML and MSG format. It makes sure that the complete process is carried out in a trouble-free manner.
Unique Features of the Tool which makes the process efficient and quick:
- Save Outlook 365 Webmail to Desktop: This software allows users to download emails, contacts and other mailbox items to computer without any hassle. Users can save data from user mailbox, shared mailbox as well as admin mailbox.
- Download Emails in PST Format: Another important feature of the application is that it provides users with an option to export emails in multiple formats including PST format. Other available options are MSG and EML format.
- Option to Filter Important Emails: The users also get the option to filter their important data using two filters i.e. date-based and category-based filters. This way, it gets easier for them to export only important data which saves a lot of time and effort.
- Save Emails from Multiple Mailboxes: This application supports download of multiple Office 365 Outlook mailboxes in one go. It means that a user can save 10’s, 100’s of Outlook webmail emails to computer simultaneously.
Procedure 2: Save Outlook Webmail Emails to Computer Manually
If you choose manual procedure over automated solution, then you should have Microsoft Outlook installed & configured in your system. This technique is a two-step process:
- Configure MS Outlook with Office 365 Account
The very first step includes configuration of O365 profile in Outlook. Users can refer this article to find out steps for Outlook configuration:
- Save Outlook Webmail Emails to Hard Disk
Once you are done with the configuration process, the next step is to export the PST file from the configured O365 account. This might take some time as synchronization is required and it depends on the size of mailbox data. If the mailbox size is large, then it might take more time as compared to the smaller sized mailbox.
- Click on File button and go to Open & Export option. Then, click on Import/Export option.
- Under Import and Export Wizard window, choose Export to a file option and hit Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) option in the following window and click Next.
- Here, select a specific folder from which you want to export mailbox items, or you can select top level account folder to export entire mailbox data into PST file.
- Browse the destination location, select “Replace duplicates with items exported” (or whichever fits your requirements) and click on Finish button.
Drawbacks of Manual Process
- Time Consuming Process: Tasks like account configuration, synchronization and exporting to PST file are so time taking. Moreover, these procedures are not feasible if a user wants to save Outlook 365 Webmail to computer from multiple accounts.
- Outlook Expertise Required: These procedures require proper concentration as any issue during the process can be problematic. So, the users should have some technical skills to resolve such issues.
Well! In this article, we have discussed two different ways using which users can save Outlook webmail to computer / desktop. Both solutions can help users to download their data, but we will recommend going for third party application.
The Office 365 PST Export Tool supports saving your mailbox data from multiple accounts in one go. Additionally, it is the simplest way to download your emails and is tried and tested by MVP’s as well.