Do you want to know how to migrate Lotus Domino to Exchange? Are you scared to try the manual technique to export Lotus Domino to Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010 because of its complexity? Worry no more, as this content will tell you about a quick yet trusted solution to Lotus Domino to MS Exchange Server migration. Along with the remedial technique, this post will also cover the necessities and challenges of traditional data transfer method of IBM Lotus Domino.
Lotus Domino and Exchange are servers of IBM and Microsoft respectively. Just like the other IBM products as Lotus Notes, Lotus Domino is also facing a decline in popularity and subscription. On the other hand, Microsoft Exchange Server is gaining more and more membership. Every day, many organizations are taking decision to switch to ‘Office 365 and Exchange Server’ from ‘IBM Lotus and Domino’. While changing subscription plan is easy, migration of data from one server to another is quite difficult. For Lotus Notes to Exchange migration, users must be cautious otherwise, they might lose their crucial data.
Necessity of Migrating from Lotus Domino to MS Exchange Server
Multiple causes can lead to the requirement of exporting data from IBM Domino to Exchange 2013. Here are some of the most common reasons for Domino to Exchange conversion.
- Exchange Server is easy to use compared to Lotus Domino.
- Data Recover process of IBM Domino is a complex one too.
- During complete migration, companies have to switch to MS Exchange.
- For the users changing organization, data export from one server to another is required. Depending on which server their organizations use they have to import old data to the server of the new enterprise.
Difficulties Encountered During Lotus Notes to Exchange 2016 Migration
There is a manual process to export files from Domino Server to Exchange. But, the complexity of this approach is beyond description. If an organization undertake the challenge of performing the data migration manually, they will face the difficulties mentioned below:
- To perform the conventional method, a considerable amount of time is needed. Basically, the time depends on the volume of data that is going into the transfer process. Besides, a huge amount of economic and other resources is also needed that add an extra cost to the budget.
- Complete and detailed knowledge about the data export process is also compulsory for the companies. Only subject-matter experts can convey the accurate knowledge and necessary resources and probable risks. Organizations have to consult experts and learn about the probable risk factors like data loss.
- Before starting the process, organizations should manage whatever investment, tools, manpower, and time that would be required. Unavailability of any of these items will hamper the procedure and stop it midway.
- The challenges of NSF to Exchange export includes various logistic issues like migration scheduling, employee training, monitoring the migration process, etc. Companies have to handle these problems before starting the process.
How to Migrate Lotus Domino to Exchange: A Reliable Way
If anyone is interested to perform the method using the traditional technique, they must read the above section before taking the final decision. One of the most popular tools of this category is SysTools Mail Migration Wizard. This tool allows easy migration of Lotus Domino to Exchange Server without facing the troubles of manual technique. We will know more about this wonderful application now.
- Complete migration from IBM Notes to Exchange
- Option to export selective data from Lotus Domino
- Mailbox Mapping feature is available for Exchange
- Removes duplicate contact data while transferring
- Live Lotus Domino and Exchange both are required
- Compatible with Exchange Server versions 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 & 2000
Lotus Domino to Exchange Migration Steps Using SysTools Mail Migration Wizard
- Launch the application and enable Select Domino User(s) option to enter IP address and password of Domino Server.
- On the next screen, select Exchange and Exchange version.
- Add Exchange Server admin credentials and IP Address related information. Also, select which folder you want to export. Use filter and Advanced Settings in needed. Click on Export.
- All chosen data will be migrated to Exchange Server. A report of the process will be provided that users can save too.
In this post, readers have learned how to migrate Lotus Domino to Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010 without any trouble by using a conversion tool. We have also discussed issues that can affect users if they choose to use the manual method of IBM Domino data migration. The conventional approach does not only cost money and resources but also lead to data corruption and data loss. Considering all the points, it is better to utilize the mentioned application as it guarantees complete, fast, and hassle-free Lotus Notes to Exchange migration.