In the 21st century, email applications are an important part of every firm. And each and every one is using a different type of email application for professional and personal use. For every operating system we have different types of email clients. And this is very confusing. As we need to deal with a bunch of email applications due to this. Some of the popular ones are Apple Mail, MS Outlook, Eudora, Thunderbird, Earth Mail, Poco Mail and so on. And they all have different types of storage files. And if you are looking to export some data from one email client to other then you need to convert your files, to the format which later accepts.
And today, we will discuss some of the best techniques to import MBOX files into Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016.
But before that we need to understand why we convert MBOX files into PST and also what is MBOX files and what are PST files?
Plus we will also see the best manual techniques to import MBOX files to Outlook for free.
What is MBOX File Format?
The name MBOX is a name evolved originally from MailBox. And it is a file form, used to store electronics mails in Hard drives. MBOX is a file format, used by Thunderbird, Mac Mail, Mozilla and Poco Mail. So if you are using the above mentioned applications then all your email messages will be stored in MBOX format.
What Is PST File Format?
PST is also a very popular file format but it is used to store data of MS Outlook email client. PST files stores all your mailbox data like emails, attachments, contacts, calendars and other details. There are two types of PST files:
- ANSI: which allow users to store 2GB data
- & Unicode: Which allows users to save 20GB data
Now as you know what is a MBOX files and what is a PST file? And why they are used?
Now we will see a manual technique to convert/import MBOX files into Outlook for free.
How To Convert MBOX Files To PST For Free
MBOX files and PST files are completely different file formats.
Yes you are right that both are mailboxes but you have to keep in mind that MBOX is supported by so many email clients whereas PST is only supported in Microsoft Outlook.
But still there are users who look to convert MBOX files into PST.
So to import MBOX files into Outlook, you may follow the below mentioned steps:
- Step 01: Launch Thunderbird and locate & select filename.mbox folder in local folders
- Step 02: Now if you want to select all emails then press ‘Ctrl+a’ or just do ‘Shift+click’
- Step 03: Now right click on emails that you want to save and click “Save as” option
- Step 04: Now browse and select the destination where you want to save the files
- Step 05: In the same system, launch MS Outlook
- Step 06: Go to File – Account Settings – Data Files
- Step 07: Click on Add – Select Outlook data file (.pst) – Click Ok
- Step 08: Now select the destination where you want to save the PST files
- Step 09: Now locate the MBOX files that we saved earlier
- Step 010: Now, select all the emails and drag them to MS Outlook
- Step 011: Wait till the conversion gets completed.
This is good technique to import MBOX files into Outlook PST format. But there are some limitations and that is this process is time consuming and very lengthy.
Plus there are some situations where it fails to convert MBOX files to PST.
So of something like this happen and you cannot convert your MBOX files into PST then what will happen?
So how should we import these files?
Not to worry, there are some software tools which help users to import MBOX files into PST in no time.
One of them is MBOX To PST Converter. It is advanced version software tool to convert or export MBOX files into Outlook PST.
An amazing tool to convert multiple MBOX files into Outlook PST format. Plus it also let users to save the converted MBOX files into PST, EML, HTML, RTF and even in MSG. Plus it also allow users to convert corrupt and damaged MBOX files. Plus this software is widely compatible with all versions of Thunderbird, Spicebird, Apple Mail, Eudora, Netscape, Entourage, OperaMail, Poco Mail, Mozilla Mail, Evolution, Incredimail, Clawsmail, SeaMonkey, Mulberry and so on.
So here are the free techniques and some tips & tricks to import MBOX files into PST.